ConsumerThe Consumer team at Catalyst has completed transactions worth more than £1 billion for clients operating across the sector including product owners, service providers and retail.
Along with our international partners, we are seeing high levels of acquirer and investor interest in the following areas, each of which we have particular knowledge and deal experience:
- Homewares and furniture
- Online retail, ecommerce and the themes of the cash-rich time-poor society
- Outdoor, sports and performance clothing
- Personal care and beauty products
- Prestige and premium apparel and accessory brands
- Restaurants and leisure, including the themes of health and wellbeing
- Travel including specialist and online
Despite Brexit, we are continuing to see deal volumes for large, lower-risk businesses at 2015 levels. There is still an active M&A market in consumer retail, but it has become a more rational one.
Adobe Acrobat file - 0.7 mb
Favourable trends continue to drive substantial growth in the global sportswear sector. A highly fragmented market supports broader consolidation, where niche players and iconic brands represent prime acquisition targets for financial sponsors and strategic acquirers.
Adobe Acrobat file - 1.3 mb