ConsumerThe Consumer team at Catalyst has completed transactions worth more than £1 billion for clients operating across the sector including product owners, service providers and retail.
Along with our international partners, we are seeing high levels of acquirer and investor interest in the following areas, each of which we have particular knowledge and deal experience:
- Homewares and furniture
- Online retail, ecommerce and the themes of the cash-rich time-poor society
- Outdoor, sports and performance clothing
- Prestige and premium apparel and accessory brands
- Restaurants and leisure, including the themes of health and wellbeing
- Travel including specialist and online
Despite Brexit, we are continuing to see deal volumes for large, lower-risk businesses at 2015 levels. There is still an active M&A market in consumer retail, but it has become a more rational one.
Adobe Acrobat file - 0.7 mb
Our sub-sector focus and recent deals
Adobe Acrobat file - 1.9 mb
With UK consumer sentiment at its highest level since 2007 and increasing pressure from investors and shareholders, M&A is being driven by acquisitions of differentiated core offerings in key markets and divestments of mediocre offerings in the squeezed middle markets.
Adobe Acrobat file - 1 mb